I was on a hunt for the best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and I think I've found one!
I'm not really into baking crispy cookies, unless it ginger snaps, but I've noticed a lot of the chocolate chip cookie recipes I've been baking were coming out a bit crispier then I wanted. I don't know if it was the recipe, cookie sheet or oven, but I was looking for a recipe that made them really soft and chewy. Well I think I've found the best recipe by far! This recipe tells you you add cornstarch, which adds volume and makes the cookies more chewy and soft.
Super yummy recipe! I think I've made this cookie recipe three times now and every time I do there gone so fast!
I got this recipe from Apple A Day blog. Check it out also I will post the recipe below!
Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Try not to eat them all.
barely adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada